- While having a conversation, you suddenly realize that you don’t know what the other person is talking about.
- While having a conversation, you’re already thinking about what you’re going to say next before the other person has even stopped speaking.
- While reading, you suddenly realize that you’ve been thinking about something else and have no idea what you just read.
- While walking into a room, you suddenly forget what you came to get.
- After putting something down, you can’t remember where you just put it.
- While taking a shower, you’re already planning what you have to do later and then you forget if you’ve already washed your hair or some other body part.
- While having sex, you’re thinking about other things or other people.
These were taken from the DBT Skills workbook